Mike is the practice managing director and looks after the building services team at TMCo.
Your main contact for mechanical, hydraulics, energy and sustainable design/ratings.
Friendly, responsive and a great listener – he will deliver practical and buildable solutions that will meet your project needs.
- Responsible: Mike is responsible for the design of $250m of mechanical, hydraulic and energy services per year. He has identified $4m worth of energy savings in the past 3 years.
- High Level Assistance: Routinely engaged and involved with master planning options and budget pricing, analysis and business planning for large commercial, education, hospitality, civic, infrastructure and industrial projects.
- Award Winner: Mike is a frequent spokesperson and multi-award winner for EECA, most recently awarded for Business Service Excellence.
- Costed Options Specialist: Mike provides costed options for mechanical and hydraulic services in projects with pros, cons, capital and operational expenses and maintenance considerations, resulting in a no-surprises project delivery.
- CapEx Saver: Energy modelling is standard on projects reducing mechanical plant resulting in solid CapEx savings. Mike typically achieves a 20% reduction in plant sizing and therefore CapEx.
- EECA Grants: Mike obtained the highest number of EECA consultant grants and also the highest value of CapEx grants than any other consultant, including $345,000 on one single project.
- Green Star & NABERSNZ: Successfully completed NZ’s highest performing projects, as high as 6 Star.
→ Specialises in residential projects, having completed engineering on more than 2,000 residences throughout NZ.
→ 40+ hotels, many more motels, hostels, etc.
→ $1.5bn in aged care residential developments.
→ Malls (Merivale Mall, Barrington Mall, Richmond Mall (Nelson), LynnMall, The Hub Hornby, The Palms, Waitakere Mega Centre, The Terrace Christchurch, Northwood Supa Centre, Ballantynes, Bishopdale Mall, Cashel Mall, etc)
→ Large Tenancies (Briscoes, Kmart, Spotlight, Rebel Sport, Bunnings, Smiths City, Harvey Norman Centre, etc)
→ 50+ food and beverage tenancies
His efforts in dealing with clients and delivering on projects have been rewarded by the awards achieved on projects TMCo have partnered on, for instance in 2019 there were 84 national commercial awards given, 15 of which were for TMCo projects.
Qualifications/Affiliations: BE(Mech)Hons, CPEng, GSNZAP, IntPE, CMEngNZ, MIRHACE, Energyfirst Consultant, EECA Partner, NABERSNZ Accredited Assessor, APEC Engineer, Engineering NZ (IPENZ) Technical Area Assessor, SKAL